Monday, February 9, 2015

Stupid Stairs and News.

Nothing like walking down the stairs in the morning to miss the last two steps and fall. My knee has been giving me problems for some time but I've never gotten it checked out because it was nothing that last long.

Well, this last trip on the cruise seem to have really taken a toll after I came home from CHA. My knee is better but I can't go up the stairs on both of my legs. I'm going up on one leg and it is VERY frustrating too!

Yes, I already know what many will tell me - go to the doctor. It's not that easy right now. I have an appointment on the 11th at Radiology. Once I'm done with that, I'll make an appointment about my knee. In the meantime, I ordered myself a copper sleeve for my knee.

Hopefully, once I get this looked at or put this sleeve on, it will make it better for me when I'm walking. I want to start really walking again and working out but I can't do anything with this bummy knee.

When I do go to places and walk, I have to be mindful of how I am walking because if I twist my knee a certain way - that's a wrap. I can feel it pulling something. It does not hurt but I know I am damaging it.

I have to go back upstairs after I write this post so that I can get my data stick that I left up there. I need it to finish up these stamps.

Which brings me to my next point, I'm in the process of working on just a blog for Pink Bow Ties, getting a Design Team, and changing the look of Pink Bow Ties.

I was going to shut this blog down but decided against it because I really want to post my weight loss journey somewhere and sometimes I just need to type and not talk. So, this blog will stay.

Pink Bow Ties on the other hand is getting a facelift. It is time.

Someone asked me about making them a tee over the weekend and I was going to do it. I reverted back to my old ways of alway saying yes. Then I had a moment of breakdown, where I cried and I prayed. God knows my heart and knows what direction I am trying to go and knows that I cannot get off course.

So, I had to write this person back and tell them I could not do it but referred her to another talented crafter who has always helped me and who I know would do it.

So, yeah my health and business is my focus this year. My word for this year is really focus. A friend told me some real advice last night and it stung a little but I needed to hear it and I knew it, I just hadn't had anyone say it to me.

Those are the friends you need in your life. The ones who will tell you something even when it hurts.

Have a good day.

1 comment :

  1. So sorry to hear of your knee injury. I am sure once you get everything sorted out health-wise, you will be able to achieve the goals you have set for yourself. You can do it! I have every faith in you. I will be in your corner rooting for you as you embark on your journey. This is just a little bump in the road.

    ReplyDelete