Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Off to Baltimore!

Well, since I am writing this post at 12:04, I guess it's more like, good morning. I went to the doctor today because I had a little pain in my arm while at CHA. I also have been having a hard time catching my breath after light activity. So, for those who do not know this little history - about a year ago, I was on blood thinners because I discovered a blood clot in my arm.



So, naturally, if I get any pain in my arm, I am totally thinking BLOOD CLOT. Which was not the case after they did an Ultrasound and a CT. However, with so many deaths lately, I am not going to wait until I am on death's bed to take care of myself. We pay health insurance every month, which means, I'm going to use it.  As far as me not being able to catch my breath, well, that's another story.

They did some type of oxygen test on me while I was walking with the nurse. The doctor said that normal oxygen level should be at 100. Mine was down to 91. That is was the reason for me being sent to Baltimore because of my symptoms I told her about, my doctor said she was not risking it. I could easily have a clot in my lung or heading that way.

I also had an EKG done and it was normal. My Ultrasound and CT were fine as well. No negative stuff. So, now I have a followup appointment on Friday, which I'm fine with that but let me tell you. I need to lose weight. It's quite simple.

I am downloading the Weight Watchers app on my phone as soon as I finish this post.

My poor husband, when I'm in the hospital laughing - he's very serious. He said I don't want my wife to leave me so get better. He's right, he's the love of my life. I could never see myself living life without him and I mean that. He is my everything.

I'm off to download this app and make better choices tomorrow when it comes to eating and my health.  Here's a picture of me as soon as I made it to the hospital.

Photo Credit: Kyra

P.S. 
Just like in memory making fashion, I had to document my journey today. If I didn't, what type of scrapbooker would I be? :) See more pics on my Instagram and video.

12 comments :

  1. So sorry to see you weren't feeling well!! We're here to support you to become a healthier you!! (I'm sure there is a few of us that need to lose a few lbs) ; )
    Take care and get well soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are in good spirits! I need to start making better and healthy choices too, I want to be around for a while! You are the only one I know who could still look cheerful in the hospital pics. lol. <3 ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you too Kristine! I know Marc was like how can you be smiling and you're in the hospital. lol

      Delete
  3. God is good Lameka, Now go take care of yourself and get some rest. So happy it was nothing serious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!!! Yep, heading to my onesies right now as soon as I put this chicken on. :)

      Delete
  4. Always better to be safe and get things checked out! I am glad that you share your story too, to help others. Loving your blog! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephanie! I have a lot to share. I hope i keep and gain readers. LOL

      Delete
  5. Glad you are feeling better, we can encourage each other on the weight loss journey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too am glad to see/read you are gonna be just fine and even better than before!! Oh, where is your subscribe button?

    ReplyDelete